This tutorial provides a systematic approach to learning by using a sequence that is similar to how this topic would unfold in a traditional textbook. The student is encouraged to go not only to the initial link associated with each tutorial question but also to use embedded hyperlinks to expand upon the physiological concepts associated with the question.
Quiz Questions Linked to Tutorial
At the end of the tutorial, there is a link to an external website (testmoz.com) that has multiple choice and true/false questions that are associated with the tutorial. When the quiz results are given to the user after taking the quiz, links are provided back to specific cvphysiology.com pages to assist in learning. Users will need to register (free) on the testmoz.com site to access the quiz questions for the tutorial. No personal information is available to cvphysiology.com other than the user provided login name and analysis of user performance on the quiz questions. This feedback will improve cvphysiology.com content and quiz questions.
- Which vessel types are most important in determining vascular resistance?
- What is the relationship between pressure, flow and resistance?
- What factors determine resistance to blood flow?
- How do changes in vessel radius alter single vessel resistance?
- How does blood viscosity affect blood flow, and what factors determine viscosity?
- What is the difference between laminar and turbulent flow and how does the latter alter the pressure-flow relationship?
- What are series and parallel vascular networks and how do they influence vascular resistance?
- What is the relationship between flow, velocity and cross-sectional area?
- How do changes in flow velocity alter the kinetic and potential (pressure) energy of flow (Bernoulli principle)?
Link to Quiz Questions: testmoz.com/2479849