Hypertension & Hypotension Tutorial
The following tutorial assumes the student is already knowledgeable of the content associated with the blood pressure regulation tutorial. The student is encouraged to go not only to the initial link associated with each tutorial question but also to use embedded hyperlinks to expand upon the physiological concepts associated with the question.
Quiz Questions Linked to Tutorial
At the end of the tutorial, there is a link to an external website (quizegg.com) that has multiple choice and true/false questions that are associated with the tutorial. When the quiz results are given to the user after taking the quiz, links are provided back to specific cvphysiology.com pages to assist learning. Users will need to register (free) on the quizegg.com site to access the quiz questions for the tutorial. No personal information is available to cvphysiology.com other than the user provided login name and analysis of user performance on the quiz questions. This feedback will improve cvphysiology.com content and quiz questions.
- What is hypertension?
- What is the difference between primary (essential) hypertension and secondary hypertension?
- What are some mechanisms that might explain primary hypertension?
- What are several causes of secondary hypertension?
- What is hypotension?
- What conditions can lead to a fall in cardiac output and, therefore, hypotension?
- What conditions can lead to systemic vasodilation or vascular obstruction?
Link to Quiz Questions: www.quizegg.com/q/56692