Blood Pressure Regulation Tutorial
This tutorial provides a systematic approach to learning by using a sequence that is similar to how this topic would unfold in a traditional textbook. The student is encouraged to go not only to the initial link associated with each tutorial question, but also to use embedded hyperlinks to expand upon the physiological concepts associated with the question.
Quiz Questions Linked to Tutorial
At the end of the tutorial, there is a link to an external website (quizegg.com) that has multiple choice and true/false questions that are associated with the tutorial. When the quiz results are given to the user after taking the quiz, links are provided back to specific cvphysiology.com pages to assist learning. Users will need to register (free) on the quizegg.com site to access the quiz questions for the tutorial. No personal information is available to cvphysiology.com other than the user provided login name and analysis of user performance on the quiz questions. This feedback will be used to improve cvphysiology.com content and quiz questions.
- How do changes in cardiac output and systemic vascular resistance influence mean arterial pressure?
- What is systemic vascular resistance and how is it calculated?
- What is the distribution of blood pressure and volume in the vascular network?
- How do changes in blood volume affect arterial pressure?
- What are systolic and diastolic aortic pressures?
- What is arterial pulse pressure and what factors cause it to increase or decrease?
- What is vascular tone?
- What intracellular mechanisms regulate vascular smooth muscle contraction and relaxation?
- What are the primary adrenergic and cholinergic receptors that regulate vascular smooth muscle function?
- What are the major signal transduction mechanisms that regulate vascular smooth muscle contraction and relaxation?
- What is the role of autonomic nerves in regulating arterial pressure?
- How do arterial baroreceptors regulate arterial pressure?
- What roles do the following humoral factors play in the regulation of arterial pressure?
- What is the role of chemoreceptors in the regulation of blood pressure?
- What is the role of nitric oxide, endothelin-1, and prostanoids in regulating vascular resistance?
- What factors determine central venous pressure?
- How does a Valsalva maneuver alter central venous and arterial pressures?
Link to Quiz Questions: www.quizegg.com/q/56661